Valley of the Sun Casual Club
Welcome to VOTSCC . Please enjoy the many features . You may login at anytime to be part of our community .
Valley of the Sun Casual Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Statistics
We have 475 registered users
The newest registered user is Menupanda

Our users have posted a total of 45109 messages in 6634 subjects
71 WGT TUTORIALS & 32 YOUNG46 TUTORIALS
CLICK HERE TO SEE OVER 100 YOUTUBE VIDEO TUTORIALS . FROM WGTers , WGT & YOUNG46
FORUM UPDATE
TO THE MANY WELCOME GUESTS . THIS FORUM IS NO LONGER A COUNTRY CLUB WEBSITE FOR A WGT COUNTRY CLUB . PLEASE FEEL FREE TO READ THE FORUMS.
THERE ARE MANY TOPICS OF INTEREST . OR NOT . THIS WEBSITE IS AN INFORMATION AND ENTERTAINMENT WEBSITE ONLY .
MUCH OF THE CONTENT IS ARCHIVES OF PURPOSES PAST .
THERE ARE SOME MORE CURRENT TOPICS .
REGISTRATION IS NOT NECESSARY TO READ THROUGHOUT .
REGISTRATION IS EASY AND FREE . THIS IS AN AD FREE WEBSITE . NOTHING IS EVER REQUESTED FROM REGISTERED MEMBERS .
REGISTRATION ENABLES COMMENTING ON TOPICS . POSTING NEW TOPICS . FULL ACCESS TO THE WEBSITE IMAGE HOST . WHICH IS A VERY COMPLETE AND CONVENIENT TOOL .
PLEASE ENJOY .

Bilko’s Putting Calc
Here is a link to Bilko's Putting Calc and Wind Calc
Just download and install
TIER & AVERAGE REQUIREMENTS
BASIC LEVEL AND AVERAGE REQUIREMENTS , AND SATURATION

WHILE YOUR HERE
WHILE YOUR HERE :
CHECK OUT THE INCREDIBLE PHOTOGRAPHY IN
MY SERIES

THIS USED TO BE THE HOME OF OUR WORLD CLOCK . WHICH CAN NOW BE FOUND IN ITS OWN FORUM ON THE MAIN PAGE ..
THERE ARE MORE WORLD CLOCKS INSIDE HERE .

WORLD CLOCK

FB Like

"nothing in perticular" IS MORE TO IT THAN THAT OBVIOUSLY

Go down

"nothing in perticular" IS MORE TO IT THAN THAT OBVIOUSLY Empty "nothing in perticular" IS MORE TO IT THAN THAT OBVIOUSLY

Post by Paul Thu 28 Jan 2016, 9:18 pm

• "nothing in perticular" IS MORE TO IT THAN THAT OBVIOUSLY Gru19710
    gru1971

64 Posts
    01-25-2016 6:27 PM

I was told i have to post in forums so here you go , I appreciate the peopl in the CC that i have games with , Some people in the CC dont accept the invites an I thought that was one of the concepts of the CC as well . 

• "nothing in perticular" IS MORE TO IT THAN THAT OBVIOUSLY 428_co11

pdb1
    01-25-2016 7:06 PM

gru1971:
    Some people in the CC dont accept the invites an I thought that was one of the concepts of the CC as well .

Thank you for posting in the forum Mark .

•   I am a big fan of in CC play amongst members Mark . I have always encouraged it . 

•   Made suggestions to make it easier . Responded to every invite that I see . ( I just missed a 5 second invite , I'm just not fast enough ) .

•   If you have been keeping current in this forum  . There are several threads ( posts ) on this issue on this page , the second page , all throughout . 

•   There are several glitches that make the invites harder . ( I'll let you read them ).

•   There is mostly a couple other things though that just can't be helped . 

•   One is , the fact that if a member is showing green , that is no indication that the member can see the invite . Or even on WGT. 

•    I optimistically will still believe that our members do respond to invites that they see that come from other members . 

•    Sadly that only verifies that the few and far between members that show green . Just do not see them . If their computer is on . They are likely green . But does not mean they are on WGT or even home . Likely at Walmart . 

•    I also have to admit that there are only a small handful of members that enjoy matches with members . And even less that make an effort to do so . 

•    I wish this weren't the case . But it is . 

•   But Mark after paying close attention to this for a couple years . I do not have any good answers for this ever present and disappointing state . 

•    I would like to add , remind , and suggest that if you are a member that is reading this and you have a tendency toward ignoring , or declining , or not making yourself available to invites . 

•   An invite from a CC member is not a common occurrence . In fact it is a rare and wonderful thing . Likely an experience of GR8 proportions and benefits . 

•    I find any kind of match with any CC member or members . Absolutely the best experience I could have here on WGT . No lie .

•    Whether these matches are with members I play on a regular basis , or a new member , or an old member that I have never had the opportunity to talk with or play with , or get the chance to get to know a little . 

•   These types of matches are always positive and friendly and surprisingly comfortable .
      I am suggesting that if you have not tried this . That you try it several times . You will see what I mean . 
      Am I right ? Anyone ?

• "nothing in perticular" IS MORE TO IT THAN THAT OBVIOUSLY Gru19710

gru1971

64 Posts
    01-26-2016 12:46 AM

I for 1 try to invite CC members often .I have many CC members that I consider friends. However I do not see all CC members bein friends or getting along with everyone, The forums are fine i've tried helping some CC members with 1 aspect of the game to help them develop thier game, But I dont believe anyone has enough to say to post every day, Just because they dont post does not mean they dont read posts , I find my time better spent tryin to help a player that needs it than post'n on forums , Just my oppinion

pdb1

7,635 Posts
    01-26-2016 3:22 AM

gru1971:
    But I dont believe anyone has enough to say to post every day,

Wait a minute . I have only ever suggested at the most , frequent or periodic posts with no more than an ugh , a hey or a fck you . I would be lucky to get 1 per week from members . 
      that is the most I have ever asked . And even at that I am very careful how to word it . Wouldn't want these WGTers thinking I was requiring anything or making something mandatory . I would have zero members if I did . 

pdb1

7,635 Posts
    01-26-2016 3:45 AM

gru1971:
    However I do not see all CC members bein friends or getting along with everyone,

that is too bad . I hope for more than that . From all members .

gru1971:
    Just because they dont post does not mean they dont read posts

That is true . But I don't know that . And neither do the other members .  But I am only asking for vocal and active and accountable members . That want to show they care . Or fake it . 
      There is more than that . This is my CC . My vision . My research shows these things make a better CC . These are very clear in the guidelines . And not very hard to do . 
      Everyone knows this when they sign up . We are not like other CC's and are not trying to be . 

• "nothing in perticular" IS MORE TO IT THAN THAT OBVIOUSLY Robmur22

robmurphy4

667 Posts
    01-26-2016 9:52 AM

pdb1:
    an ugh , a hey or a fck you

Should cover me for a bit. LMFAO
    That took all of 30 seconds. How hard is that to do once a week.
    Rob

pdb1

7,635 Posts
    01-27-2016 2:28 AM

Evidently too hard for Mark . He has left . 

pdb1

7,635 Posts
    01-28-2016 7:21 PM

Mark did bring up some good questions . Evidently I didn't answer them well enough for him . 
      But I would like to try . Some of these issues don't have to be issues . 

gru1971:
    I was told i have to post in forums

A comment or a remark often enough so that it doesn't bother you but often enough that we know you are here . Not supposed to pressure or a hateful thing .

gru1971:
    Some people in the CC dont accept the invites

That may be , that is their choice . All I can do is encourage them to accept . 

gru1971:
    But I dont believe anyone has enough to say to post every day,

Lol maybe you don't . But I do and many others do . And you don't have to . Barely once a week would be more than we get .

gru1971:
    Just because they dont post does not mean they dont read posts ,

Uh yes it does or they would say something now and then . If they don't post then not only does it look like they don't read them . It looks like they don't care or want to be part of a club .

gru1971:
    I find my time better spent tryin to help a player that needs it than post'n on forums

Apples and oranges . I feel the same way . Would rather help others . Which takes a lot of time many many minutes to hours to days . 
      Posting takes seconds to minutes . And in a club one does both . Helping and posting . Don't get to choose one or the other . 

gru1971:
    However I do not see all CC members bein friends or getting along with everyone,

I don't know exactly what he meant by this . But yes most members do not mind being friends with all members . It may be a new concept for them . It takes  time . No pressure . No one always gets along with everyone anywhere . 

•   But now I want to address the invites realistically . There have been going on 10 members that have left because they felt that members weren't accepting their invites . 

•   I don't believe they have the right to take that as a personal issue . 

•   Even if we were a CC of 100 members . With all the nationalities and varying work and sleep  schedules . It would be almost as hard as it is now to get 4 CC members together at one time . And only a little easier for 3 , 2 , or 1 member at 1 time . 

•    All throughout WGT this is a problem . Even the 250 member CC's have exactly the same difficulty with alt shot . 

•   Their solution is 2 things .

•   First one is they play only organized altshot matches where players have a known set time to show up . Believe it or not players will commit to that format . 

•   # 2 Be content with what time you do play with members . Go to the game client and play as many altshot rounds with 1 member and some friends , or no members and some fiends , or all strangers . Play , play , play till your hearts content . Or at least until you don't have anything to complain about . 

•    I have always wanted more in CC activity . I have tried all kinds of ways . Some worked well for a while and faded away . Some never worked . 

•    I do know this , that I only ever wanted anything to be voluntary . Because members wanted to do it . never because they were told or required . 

•    So my point is rather than put all your eggs in one basket and completely rely on fellow CC members for game play outside of the CC tourneys . Use the " join a game " and " create a game ' features in the game client . There are many many fun and eager people out there to play with . Even if you are shy or not too familiar with the procedure . You won't be for long . I promise you . And I promise you will like it . 

•    I think if more of us did that . And really felt like they were getting a lot out of those features in WGT and still what we get from our well made CC tourneys and events . 

•    Then we would all eventually be more willing and able to justify some fun and kickback rounds with each other . And make ourselves more available .

•   Doesn't that make sense ? I think so . 

Paul

Please enjoy

May the SUN always be with you

home of

https://www.valleyofthesuncc.com/ an information and entertainment only website
Paul
Paul
Admin
Admin

https://www.valleyofthesuncc.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: