Valley of the Sun Casual Club
Welcome to VOTSCC . Please enjoy the many features . You may login at anytime to be part of our community .
Valley of the Sun Casual Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Statistics
We have 475 registered users
The newest registered user is Menupanda

Our users have posted a total of 45109 messages in 6634 subjects
71 WGT TUTORIALS & 32 YOUNG46 TUTORIALS
CLICK HERE TO SEE OVER 100 YOUTUBE VIDEO TUTORIALS . FROM WGTers , WGT & YOUNG46
FORUM UPDATE
TO THE MANY WELCOME GUESTS . THIS FORUM IS NO LONGER A COUNTRY CLUB WEBSITE FOR A WGT COUNTRY CLUB . PLEASE FEEL FREE TO READ THE FORUMS.
THERE ARE MANY TOPICS OF INTEREST . OR NOT . THIS WEBSITE IS AN INFORMATION AND ENTERTAINMENT WEBSITE ONLY .
MUCH OF THE CONTENT IS ARCHIVES OF PURPOSES PAST .
THERE ARE SOME MORE CURRENT TOPICS .
REGISTRATION IS NOT NECESSARY TO READ THROUGHOUT .
REGISTRATION IS EASY AND FREE . THIS IS AN AD FREE WEBSITE . NOTHING IS EVER REQUESTED FROM REGISTERED MEMBERS .
REGISTRATION ENABLES COMMENTING ON TOPICS . POSTING NEW TOPICS . FULL ACCESS TO THE WEBSITE IMAGE HOST . WHICH IS A VERY COMPLETE AND CONVENIENT TOOL .
PLEASE ENJOY .

Bilko’s Putting Calc
Here is a link to Bilko's Putting Calc and Wind Calc
Just download and install
TIER & AVERAGE REQUIREMENTS
BASIC LEVEL AND AVERAGE REQUIREMENTS , AND SATURATION

WHILE YOUR HERE
WHILE YOUR HERE :
CHECK OUT THE INCREDIBLE PHOTOGRAPHY IN
MY SERIES

THIS USED TO BE THE HOME OF OUR WORLD CLOCK . WHICH CAN NOW BE FOUND IN ITS OWN FORUM ON THE MAIN PAGE ..
THERE ARE MORE WORLD CLOCKS INSIDE HERE .

WORLD CLOCK

FB Like

NEW EQUIPMENT ( another VOTSCC tale )

2 posters

Go down

NEW EQUIPMENT ( another VOTSCC tale ) Empty NEW EQUIPMENT ( another VOTSCC tale )

Post by Paul Sat 04 Feb 2017, 11:27 am

• NEW EQUIPMENT ( another VOTSCC tale ) Next2613
    Next260
    135 Posts
    Mon, Dec 26 2016 9:09 AM

I'M currently shopping around for a laptop, currently Amazon and Best Buy, but there are so many options available.
    I'll primarily be using it for WGT and some home applications.
    Does anyone have any recommendations?
    Thanks ;
                      Ron

• NEW EQUIPMENT ( another VOTSCC tale ) 1-2014

pdb1
    13,426 Posts
    Thu, Dec 29 2016 9:00 PM

Check craigslist . Look for someone near a college or university near you that builds computers . You will likely find several competing with each other for price and quality . 
      They will likely have several models and prices . 

• NEW EQUIPMENT ( another VOTSCC tale ) Kishop20

kishoph
    724 Posts
    Fri, Dec 30 2016 5:14 AM

That is good advice from Paul, my next system I'll also probably go the route of having one built or building it myself.
    Although it never hurts to look at as many options as you can (I hope I'm not over stepping my bounds here, by bringing someone into it). I also would askazdewars. He has shown a great knowledge of computers and I'll assume that he wouldn't mind giving you his advice. Again not to detract from Paul's advice, just suggesting that you look into all avenues. Computers can get costly and you want to make the right choice. I know I have purchased some lemons in the past that I could of avoided with a little checking.
    Good luck,

Next260
    135 Posts
    Fri, Dec 30 2016 5:32 PM

Thanks, I appreciate any assistance I can get.

pdb1
    13,426 Posts
    Fri, Dec 30 2016 5:52 PM

kishoph:
    I hope I'm not over stepping my bounds here,

Don't be silly Gene . I've waited  years for some members to say something . 
      Comments and opinions from you guys are the highlights of my day , week , month , year . Bring as many people as you can into it . You couldn't have picked a better person time or subject . Well , maybe a better time . John's not feeling so well at the moment . But I hope he sees this and responds as he is the TNITV . Top nerd in the Valley . 

Next260
    135 Posts
    Fri, Dec 30 2016 6:28 PM

What is the opinion on chrome book

pdb1
    13,426 Posts
    Sat, Dec 31 2016 8:49 AM

Next260:

What is the opinion on chrome book

Haven't tried it Ron . . But my opinion of products that require selective software is that they are limiting . Similar to the Chrome browser . I don't know how versatile the Chrome book is .

• NEW EQUIPMENT ( another VOTSCC tale ) Azdewa14

azdewars
    468 Posts
    Sun, Jan 1 2017 7:36 AM

Hello Ron, As Im reading your post and other responses today , Im going to COMMITT to building  a solid, stable , performer  system for you at NO COST TO YOU (within reason). Its will be  VOTSCC members gift to you.Lets start discussing details.  
    azdewars@gmail.com
    john and members

• NEW EQUIPMENT ( another VOTSCC tale ) Schoit10

SChoitz
    41 Posts
    Sun, Jan 1 2017 8:05 AM

azdewars:

Hello Ron, As Im reading your post and other responses today , Im going to COMMITT to building  a solid, stable , performer  system for you at NO COST TO YOU (within reason). Its will be  VOTSCC members gift to you.Lets start discussing details.  
    azdewars@gmail.com
    john and members

Thats the ONLY way to go!  I can recall the 2 namebrand computers I have had since the 90's.. all the rest I build myself.  The latest I built/programmed back around April 2016.  Not a high-end gaming system mind you, but you couldn't buy one like it for under $1700
    Scott

pdb1
    13,426 Posts
    Sun, Jan 1 2017 8:40 AM

The trumpets are blaring da da da dah ! 
    TODAY'S TECHNOLOGY TIPS FROM THE DOCTOR OF TECHNOLOGY AZDEWARS
      Has arrived . 
      Ron . I leave you in the most capable hands you could have asked for . 
      Hi John . Thank you my friend . 

Next260
    135 Posts
    Sun, Jan 1 2017 10:14 AM

Thanks ,John and everyone.

azdewars
    468 Posts
    Tue, Jan 3 2017 12:40 AM

My Pleasure

kishoph
    724 Posts
    Tue, Jan 3 2017 3:53 AM

azdewars:

azdewars@gmail.com
    john and members

Wow John, that's awesome and very generous of you to commit the time and effort..
    I would of said something sooner, but my computer keeps breaking down, just kidding.
    I'm very happy and proud to be part of a group with members like yourself,  that will help one another out without worrying about being compensated in some way, other than just the pleasure of knowing you've helped someone. We have a group of guys and gals that are genuinely nice people. A rarity in today's society IMO.
    Thank you
    Gene

• NEW EQUIPMENT ( another VOTSCC tale ) Jimq9151

JimQ916
    4,365 Posts
    Tue, Jan 3 2017 7:54 AM

YOU ROCK JOHN!!!! And Gene, you're right on the nose saying VOTSCC is like no other...we have a lot of the best members WGT has to offer.

azdewars
    468 Posts
    Tue, Jan 3 2017 4:25 PM

A big THANK YOU to Paul, Jim, Gene and Scott for your continued support AND kind words. The four (4) of you men have given me some faith back in mankind. Thats HUGH in my book..
    Ron is sending some minor info on connection source, and definition of "home use".
    I'm installing MS Office Pro Plus 2016 (activated) and hopefully that will cover it. Run some diagnostics and tests. If all fares well, I told Ron he should have system by next Saturday.
    Thanks again guys for making my day..
    John -azdewars

add: Jim, Thank you so much for your PM and concern. Super improvement. Future looks bright. You and your family are in my prayers.  john

pdb1
    13,426 Posts
    Tue, Jan 3 2017 6:44 PM

Very happy owner . Beaming with pride .
    NEW EQUIPMENT ( another VOTSCC tale ) 283345510
    NEXT260 EQUIPMENT SPECS.
    NEW EQUIPMENT ( another VOTSCC tale ) Azdewa14

• azdewars
      468 Posts
      Thu, Feb 2 2017 11:52 PM

Estimated delivery:  Sat, Feb. 11 USPS
      ASUS Republic of Gamers G50V Core 2 Duo -P7450 4GB RAM
      ASUS ROG G50V

EVERYTHING WORKS EXCEPT THE DIRECT CONSOLE MODULE DOES NOT LIGHT UP. i BELIEVE NOW THAT ITS SHIPPED I FIGURED OUT THE FIX

• WINDOWS 7 HOME PREMIUM X64 SP1
      • INTEL CORE 2 DUO P7450 2.13GHZ
      • 160GB INTEL SSD
      • DVD DRIVE
      • 4GB MEMORY
      • NVIDIA GEFORCE 9700M GT
      • INTEL WIFI LINK 5100 AGN
      • INTEGRATED WEBCAM
      • 7200 MAH BATTERY 
      • POWER CORD
      • SHIPPING

NJOY RON

NEW EQUIPMENT ( another VOTSCC tale ) 142261181691_1

JOHN - AZDEWARS

pdb1
      13,426 Posts
      Fri, Feb 3 2017 4:04 AM

OMG John . I wondered what you had been up to . This is BIG . You are a very honorable man of your word . Prior to this . Your contributions have been on a level of invaluable proportions . You have now reached new levels beyond description . Intersolaric Amplitude . Or something . 

azdewars
      468 Posts
      Fri, Feb 3 2017 6:13 AM

(-_-) THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THOSE KIND WORDS. i'M HAPPY WITH THIS CONFIGURATION FOR wgt PLAY. TYVM AGAIN MY FRIEND. ILL TOUCH BASE WITH YOU VIA GMAIL SOON.
      JOHN

Next260
      135 Posts
      Fri, Feb 3 2017 6:33 PM

Thanks again John , I'll keep an eye out for the pkg.

• NEW EQUIPMENT ( another VOTSCC tale ) Jimq9151

JimQ916
      4,365 Posts
      Fri, Feb 3 2017 6:52 PM

Damn John.....everything about this club has amazes me.....this is so way above and beyond it's unbelievable. It most definitely renews my faith in humanity.....you rock my friend!!!!!! I was in need of a set of headphones not too long ago and mentioned something of that nature to Turdster...I didn't ask for them, just said I couldn't Skype with my daughter because I didn't have a set.....needless to say, I no longer need them...Dan sent me a great set...simply amazing!!!!! Anytime I start to get down on how and how fast the world is going to hell, I see things like this and it points my thinking in a new direction...Thank you guys for that....Jim

azdewars
      468 Posts
      Fri, Feb 3 2017 8:52 PM

Right on Jim AND good looking out Turdster
      john

kishoph
      724 Posts
      Sat, Feb 4 2017 5:49 AM

You're the man John.

pdb1
      13,426 Posts
      Sat, Feb 4 2017 6:52 AM

I can't stop crying . Lol . No but this is a classic moment for us . Makes an owner very proud . 
        Ron . Do you think you have the original post in your trash or somewhere ? 
        If you don't I can find it eventually . 

Last edited by Paul on Sat 12 Sep 2020, 4:35 pm; edited 3 times in total

Paul

Please enjoy

May the SUN always be with you

home of

https://www.valleyofthesuncc.com/ an information and entertainment only website
Paul
Paul
Admin
Admin

https://www.valleyofthesuncc.com

Back to top Go down

NEW EQUIPMENT ( another VOTSCC tale ) Empty Re: NEW EQUIPMENT ( another VOTSCC tale )

Post by NEXT260 Thu 11 May 2017, 6:26 pm

Just as an update , the laptop that Adzewars (john ) sent is working just great and I thank you all.
NEXT260
NEXT260

Back to top Go down

NEW EQUIPMENT ( another VOTSCC tale ) Empty Re: NEW EQUIPMENT ( another VOTSCC tale )

Post by Paul Thu 11 May 2017, 9:56 pm

I / we have lost so many original CC members this year . It has been so long since I heard from John . I'm almost afraid to message him . But he shows that he is playing several times a week . So I know he's not going anywhere . But still it's not normal for you to be this quiet John . 

Paul

Paul

Please enjoy

May the SUN always be with you

home of

https://www.valleyofthesuncc.com/ an information and entertainment only website
Paul
Paul
Admin
Admin

https://www.valleyofthesuncc.com

Back to top Go down