Valley of the Sun Casual Club
Welcome to VOTSCC . Please enjoy the many features . You may login at anytime to be part of our community .
Valley of the Sun Casual Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Statistics
We have 475 registered users
The newest registered user is Menupanda

Our users have posted a total of 45109 messages in 6634 subjects
71 WGT TUTORIALS & 32 YOUNG46 TUTORIALS
CLICK HERE TO SEE OVER 100 YOUTUBE VIDEO TUTORIALS . FROM WGTers , WGT & YOUNG46
FORUM UPDATE
TO THE MANY WELCOME GUESTS . THIS FORUM IS NO LONGER A COUNTRY CLUB WEBSITE FOR A WGT COUNTRY CLUB . PLEASE FEEL FREE TO READ THE FORUMS.
THERE ARE MANY TOPICS OF INTEREST . OR NOT . THIS WEBSITE IS AN INFORMATION AND ENTERTAINMENT WEBSITE ONLY .
MUCH OF THE CONTENT IS ARCHIVES OF PURPOSES PAST .
THERE ARE SOME MORE CURRENT TOPICS .
REGISTRATION IS NOT NECESSARY TO READ THROUGHOUT .
REGISTRATION IS EASY AND FREE . THIS IS AN AD FREE WEBSITE . NOTHING IS EVER REQUESTED FROM REGISTERED MEMBERS .
REGISTRATION ENABLES COMMENTING ON TOPICS . POSTING NEW TOPICS . FULL ACCESS TO THE WEBSITE IMAGE HOST . WHICH IS A VERY COMPLETE AND CONVENIENT TOOL .
PLEASE ENJOY .

Bilko’s Putting Calc
Here is a link to Bilko's Putting Calc and Wind Calc
Just download and install
TIER & AVERAGE REQUIREMENTS
BASIC LEVEL AND AVERAGE REQUIREMENTS , AND SATURATION

WHILE YOUR HERE
WHILE YOUR HERE :
CHECK OUT THE INCREDIBLE PHOTOGRAPHY IN
MY SERIES

THIS USED TO BE THE HOME OF OUR WORLD CLOCK . WHICH CAN NOW BE FOUND IN ITS OWN FORUM ON THE MAIN PAGE ..
THERE ARE MORE WORLD CLOCKS INSIDE HERE .

WORLD CLOCK

FB Like

FROM A CHECK IN AND EMAIL POST

Go down

FROM A CHECK IN AND EMAIL POST Empty FROM A CHECK IN AND EMAIL POST

Post by Paul Sat 05 Sep 2015, 5:12 pm

• FROM A CHECK IN AND EMAIL POST Pdb177
    pdb1

4,709 Posts
    06-18-2015 8:01 PM

IF YOU ARE ONE THAT HAS NOT RESPONDED OR READ THIS ALREADY AND DIDN'T LIKE IT . I HAVE EDITED IT SOME TO MAKE IT MORE CLEAR . PLEASE SEE
      AMENDED PART
      THANK YOU

• FROM A CHECK IN AND EMAIL POST Robmur40

robmurphy4

466 Posts
    06-19-2015 5:24 AM

Paul,
     I didn't get the email. I believe either you or Chris have the Magic Star. It kind of disappeared and has never been seen since. Let me know what you want to do. I can't remember what happened. LOL
    Rob

tyvm

pdb1

4,709 Posts
    06-19-2015 9:33 AM

AMENDED PART
     URGENT FOLLOW UP TO URGENT MESSAGE . ALL MEMBERS MUST READ THIS AND RESPOND . PLEASE . THIS IS NOT JUST A QUESTION . FOR THE FIRST TIME IN A WHILE . I AM MAKING THIS A MANDATORY RESPONSE . AS FRIENDLY AND AS POLITE AS I CAN FKING BE ABOUT THIS SUBJECT . IT IS NOT RIGHT THAT THERE ARE 40 MEMBERS THAT DO NOT PARTICIPATE OR CONTRIBUTE AT ALL HERE IN OUR FORUM . LOOKS LIKE THERE IS NOTHING I CAN DO ABOUT THAT . bUT WHEN I HAVE AN ISSUE THAT I ASK FOR A RESONSE FROM AND TIME AND TIME AGAIN I GET NOTHING . THEN I CAN DO SOMETHING . THERE ARE 11 MEMBERS THAT HAVE RESPONDED SO FAR . EVEN THOUGH THE PART OF THE ANSWER TO MY ISSUE HAS BEEN RESOLVED . IT WON'T BE UNTIL I HEAR FROM ALL OF YOU .
      IF I DO NOT HEAR FROM YOU . I WILL ASK YOU WHY YOU DID NOT RESPOND IF YOU DON'T HAVE A GOOD ANSWER OR NO ANSWER FOR ME . YOU WILL BE REMOVED FROM FROM VOTSCC PERIOD .
      ROB AND ALL YOU GOOD GUYS PAY NO ATTENTION TO THAT . BUT THE REST OF YOU . IF YOU WANT TO REMAIN IN THIS CC . YOU WILL NEED TO PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS AND VARIOUS OTHER THINGS FROM TIME TO TIME PLEASE . THANK YOU . THIS IS NOT A THREAT . I SERIOUSLY NEED AVAILABILITY FROM CC MEMBERS FROM TIME TO TIME TO RESPOND TO VARIOUS THINGS . I KNOW YOU UNDERSTAND THIS . I DON'T WANT TO LOSE YOU . SO PLEASE RESPOND . THANK YOU

EVERYONE PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS POST WITH AT LEAST  A YES OR NO .
      THE QUESTION IS
    1)   DO YOU RECEIVE EMAILS OR EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS FROM FORUM POSTS IN THIS WGT CC FORUM 
    2)  DO YOU  RECEIVE EMAIL OR EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS FROM THE WEBSITE ON ANY LEVEL . MY NEWSLETTERS , ANY KIND OF FORUM ACTIVITY IN THE WEBSITE . DO YOU GET ANYTHING ? IF YOU DO . EXACTLY WHAT DO YOU RECEIVE .
    3)  LAST ONE . WGT PROFILE PAGE  WALL POSTS ? DO YOU GET AN EMAIL WHEN SOMEONE POSTS A MESSAGE ON YOUR WALL ?
      i GOTTA ASK THIS ONE TOO . A LOT OF THESE GUYS THAT IGNORE ME , I PM 6 OR 8 TIMES BEFORE REMOVING , CLAIM " THEY NEVER SAW NOTHING " . I JUST FIGURED THEY WERE LYING . (good thing I didn't call them liars lol ) . NO BUT SERIOUSLY E1 GETS THOSE RIGHT ?

• FROM A CHECK IN AND EMAIL POST Jimq9179

JimQ916

956 Posts
    06-19-2015 9:40 AM

Hey Paul....I get EVERYTHING!!!! When I get on the comp in the AM my inbox is usually flooded with stuff from our CC and the website. There are some that I don't get but I check the forum everyday to see what I didn't get....usually none or just 1 or 2 topics and/or replies. All is good this way....Jim

tyvm

pdb1

4,709 Posts
    06-19-2015 10:05 AM

Thank you very much Jim . That is a good sign . If E1 gets half of what you said and is half as cool as you are . I will be one happy SOB .

JimQ916

956 Posts
    06-19-2015 10:25 AM

Thanks Paul but the only time I'm cool is in the Fall / Winter here in Georgia...lol....Jim

• FROM A CHECK IN AND EMAIL POST Robmur40

robmurphy4

466 Posts
    06-19-2015 11:16 AM

Paul,
     I got the email from WGT titled RE: ROB DID YOU GET THIS EMAIL ? I also receive an email from the website whenever anyone posts something in a topic (blitz) I have posted in. I think that's why I didn't receive a notice when Skip posted as I had never posted in that topic. I hope this helps.

Rob

tyvm

JimQ916

956 Posts
    06-19-2015 11:36 AM

Thanks Rob...that explains why sometimes I don't get some of the posts. I try to keep up with things by going into the CC here on the WGT forum every morning and find that I didn't get some of the e-mails..thanks for the knowledge....Jim

pdb1

4,709 Posts
    06-19-2015 1:28 PM

robmurphy4:
    I think that's why I didn't receive a notice when Skip posted as I had never posted in that topic.

Yes something like that . receiving notices in a topic you are watching , meaning recently posted in . 
      So if Skip wanted you to see it he would have been better to send it to you personally by PM or email . or in the BLITZ posts , or in this forum or a PM here . Lol . He wouldn't have known that . HE DOES NOW . I hope . All good Skip . 
      Thanx Rob . You want a job ? .
      also I am now more relieved that you guys do get what you do . Now I just need to hear from about 55 more . Or this is going to be a very small CC .

pdb1

4,709 Posts
    06-19-2015 1:33 PM

I hope you guys take me seriously about this . You really need to respond . I will bump it and post it for a week or two . Fair enough ?

• FROM A CHECK IN AND EMAIL POST Mikede11

MikeDeck51

180 Posts
    06-19-2015 2:09 PM

yes paul i receive the emails for forum posts...all good on my end

tyvm

• FROM A CHECK IN AND EMAIL POST Arnief25

ArnieFinlay

118 Posts
    06-19-2015 2:22 PM

I get notifications from the VOTSCC website every time I post my pathetic blitz scores anded automated replies to any threads i post here

tyvm

• FROM A CHECK IN AND EMAIL POST Cluckt31

clucktrentsuperd

166 Posts
    06-19-2015 10:03 PM

as from day 1 i get the p.m.s you send at e-mails and home club site...... all is good, but i got gas.....again  cornbread and beans..... eeeee hawwwww.....

tmi tyvm

pdb1

4,709 Posts
    06-20-2015 3:49 AM

FROM A CHECK IN AND EMAIL POST Cardkl10
    cardkleener

13 Posts
    06-19-2015 7:29 PM
    I receive notifications of CC tournys and posts  that you have made.

TYVM

e

• FROM A CHECK IN AND EMAIL POST Nitram18

nitramgoht

11 Posts
    06-19-2015 7:35 PM

yes to all three

tyvm

• FROM A CHECK IN AND EMAIL POST Kmamjm20

kmamjmemedmmm

3 Posts
    06-19-2015 7:49 PM

Hi Paul, I receive the notification for new tournaments. I receive the newsletters on my email also. The only time i receive the post is when i go into the cc to get into the tournaments the 3 last messages to the left or when i go to the forum.

Kevin   kmamjmemedmmm

tyvm

• FROM A CHECK IN AND EMAIL POST Cjl7311

CJL73

75 Posts
    06-20-2015 3:06 AM

I receive emails, notifications about CC forum and wall posts 
    tx,   C.J.L.

tyvm

FROM A CHECK IN AND EMAIL POST Sage0115
    Sage013

105 Posts
    06-20-2015 2:12 PM

My answer to all 3 questions is yes.
    Whether I read everything in them is a different matter. I'm not a big fan of reading a wall of text, especially when it's all in capitals. Smile 

pdb1:
    Thank you for your response . Thank you for your opinion . Don't care if you read anything .Not looking for fans either . Just activity in the way of some sort of response . Did you have a specific " wall of capital letters " in mind when you made that observation ? Because I have reasons for everything I do . I understand that it can be annoying . But sometimes I capitalize to make a point too and be annoying .

Last edited by Paul on Mon 28 Sep 2020, 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

Paul

Please enjoy

May the SUN always be with you

home of

https://www.valleyofthesuncc.com/ an information and entertainment only website
Paul
Paul
Admin
Admin

https://www.valleyofthesuncc.com

Back to top Go down

FROM A CHECK IN AND EMAIL POST Empty Re: FROM A CHECK IN AND EMAIL POST

Post by Paul Sat 05 Sep 2015, 5:12 pm

• FROM A CHECK IN AND EMAIL POST Pedrit11
    pedrito96

51 Posts
    06-20-2015 2:15 PM

I didnt get any mail of this the star was with cris tgat the last thing i knew about the star

• FROM A CHECK IN AND EMAIL POST Pedrit11

pedrito96

51 Posts
    06-20-2015 2:16 PM

Btw i just got the emaio of this thread too

tyvm

• FROM A CHECK IN AND EMAIL POST Dschom32

dschom5

94 Posts
    06-20-2015 3:07 PM

Paul:
    I  received your email in my personal email account.  Not sure if I am being notified when someone posts a message on my profile page.

tyvm

• FROM A CHECK IN AND EMAIL POST Harry427

harry4364

125 Posts
    06-20-2015 4:22 PM

got it paul,thanks

tyvm

• FROM A CHECK IN AND EMAIL POST Skip3821

Skip380

53 Posts
    06-20-2015 5:13 PM

To be honest I probably do receive emails but i use a junk email for the game and the website bacause I cannot have my phone "Droid" ing all the time while I am in meetings and working.  There are a ton of emails.  I do check the forums every day and I read all new posts.  If that isn't good enough I can't help.  Just let me know.

tyvm

• FROM A CHECK IN AND EMAIL POST Rooter11

rooter69

46 Posts
    06-21-2015 1:04 AM

Hey Paul,
    I receive your emails, and again I'm sorry for not participating more often. I think you will find I have more time on my hands, and will see me more often.

Barry 

tyvm

• FROM A CHECK IN AND EMAIL POST Weeduc11

Weeducation

13 Posts
    06-21-2015 7:07 AM

Yes to all three questions. Satellite internet so it may not post all of thread...sorry

tyvm

• FROM A CHECK IN AND EMAIL POST Racinr12

Racinray75

59 Posts
    06-21-2015 11:00 AM

yes to all three

tyvm

• FROM A CHECK IN AND EMAIL POST Mgroza15

MGroza

57 Posts
    06-21-2015 4:17 PM

The email here or my real email ?

tyvm

• pdb1

4,709 Posts
    06-21-2015 5:08 PM

MGroza:
    The email here or my real email ?

I was concerned that some of us / you members were not getting some of the email   notifications from both here in this forum and the website . It seems that most people are getting theirs . The 2nd part is for members who do not respond to me at all . I am asking them for a response . You are all good MG . Thank you for responding 
      Paul
      lol they are all real emails

• FROM A CHECK IN AND EMAIL POST Ber3n16

Ber3n

26 Posts
    06-21-2015 10:23 PM

pdb1:

THE QUESTION IS
    1)   DO YOU RECEIVE EMAILS OR EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS FROM FORUM POSTS IN THIS WGT CC FORUM 
    2)  DO YOU  RECEIVE EMAIL OR EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS FROM THE WEBSITE ON ANY LEVEL . MY NEWSLETTERS , ANY KIND OF FORUM ACTIVITY IN THE WEBSITE . DO YOU GET ANYTHING ? IF YOU DO . EXACTLY WHAT DO YOU RECEIVE .
    3)  LAST ONE . WGT PROFILE PAGE  WALL POSTS ? DO YOU GET AN EMAIL WHEN SOMEONE POSTS A MESSAGE ON YOUR WALL ?
      i GOTTA ASK THIS ONE TOO . A LOT OF THESE GUYS THAT IGNORE ME , I PM 6 OR 8 TIMES BEFORE REMOVING , CLAIM " THEY NEVER SAW NOTHING " . I JUST FIGURED THEY WERE LYING . (good thing I didn't call them liars lol ) . NO BUT SERIOUSLY E1 GETS THOSE RIGHT ?

I get emails for all the above. With that said, it may be hours or sometimes day(s) (especially on weekends) before I take the time to read my emails.

-Beren

tyvm

• pdb1

4,709 Posts
    06-21-2015 11:10 PM

My point is Ber3n that first I wanted to be sure that at least some of the notifications were being received . The CC's faithful stepped right up and cleared that up for me . The next issue was / is that there has been maybe 50 or so other times I have asked for various responses from every CC member . 90 % of members do not respond to me 100% of the time . After 50 times in a CC where ignoring the owner is a no no . I am starting to feel a little ignored and disrespected . That is not what I had or have in mind for what makes a GR8 CC . This is a very difficult task , building a CC . It took me a coon's age and a month of Sunday's to get members that play CC tourneys regularly . Which is where we are today . Pretty much full participation in CC tourneys . Which is a hella lot better than many CC's . And probably more than enough for others . And Like myself others that would expect more . The more that I would like is just a damn post or a reply once in a while . That is all . I am getting tired of doing a bunch of work for a bunch of silent members . Hence the notice at the beginning of this thread .

• pdb1

4,709 Posts
    06-21-2015 11:40 PM

Let me also be clear about what I mean by responses . I am not talking about responding to the emails that I wanted to know if E1 received notifications for .
      But rather a response to some else's forum post , or a question or a concern of their own once in a blue moon . Or if I do ask for input about something that I need an answer from E1 for ( which I don't do very often ) . Then please have the courtesy to make some sort of reply . That is what being in a CC here means to me .participating in the forum and other members . I am not asking them to become social or anything like that . Just a response . My ideal CC would have all the members friending one another , playing matches together on a regular basis . I don't like rules . So I have up until this point drawn the line at the 3 conditions just to join the CC . Anything else have been just suggestions and pleas . That is not working out very well .

• pdb1

4,709 Posts
    06-21-2015 11:46 PM

Response count 19 in 84 hours . Not impressive . But no hurry .

• FROM A CHECK IN AND EMAIL POST Rwm86310

rwm8634

3 Posts
    06-22-2015 9:26 AM

I get the first 2 but not the 3rd

tyvm

Last edited by Paul on Mon 28 Sep 2020, 9:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

Paul

Please enjoy

home of

Paul
Paul
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Sat 05 Sep 2015, 5:14 pm

• FROM A CHECK IN AND EMAIL POST Pdb1b14
    pdb1

4,709 Posts
    06-22-2015 9:29 AM

Do you guys think that these other guys probably just never come here ever like the way it looks ? Or do you think they read it and just don't care ? Or for some reason they never read their emails at all ? Or maybe they don't get them . Or do you think I pissed them the fk off ? what do you think is happening here ?
      You know I welcome any opinion . I am still standing firm . So far .  Be interested to hear many of your thoughts . I know you have them . 

• FROM A CHECK IN AND EMAIL POST Jimq9180

JimQ916

956 Posts
    06-22-2015 11:00 AM

Hey Paul...in answer to your post above you know my feelings very very well. Granted some might not be getting your e-mails but going to our CC homepage here on WGT is simple and all the posts are there. It's nice to have 60 members in the club but most of the one's I see (or never seen) are numerous. I went through our member list and noticed that everyone's last avtivity was in the last few days.....most of these people I've NEVER seen here in any fashion at all. I know you're hesitant about booting any of our members cause they might have legit reasons for not being involved but there's no way all of them can. Our active (old) and the new great members are the only 1's that are currently posting and playing or even contacting you to say hello, or like you said, *** off (lol). Just my point of view....Jim

pdb1

4,709 Posts
    06-22-2015 12:32 PM

Yep and I am too damn nice . I will give them some more time . Then I will message them individually and confirm that they are aware that they are about to lose all those XP points they worked so hard for . That It was nice to know them and I  wish them the best . There are many completely silent CC's out there .
      That is of course if we never hear from them . They have plenty of time . Because this is the last time . I want to be absolutely positive that they know they have an option . Last time for them that is. This will be the third time I have removed 40 plus members in one swift kick .And Many times removing 10 , 20 at a time .
      Believe me it always is a very depressing time for me . I mean severely . I hate doing it . In fact I have contemplated finding someone to take this CC over , let them all just stay and do whatever . Create another CC for us .That's just dumb though .

JimQ916:
    I know you're hesitant about booting any of our members cause they might have legit reasons for not being involved

Members with legitimate reasons will not get booted . I will be very careful with that .

• FROM A CHECK IN AND EMAIL POST Jimq9180

JimQ916

956 Posts
    06-22-2015 1:20 PM

Glad you didn't take offense at what I posted....no need to ever close up shop in this CC, just get rid of the dead weight....There is as a song that Kelly Clarkson sings called "pull the weeds and keep the flowers"....pretty much says it all....Jim

pdb1

4,709 Posts
    06-22-2015 2:00 PM

Please Jim you never have to worry about offending me . I welcome all opinions , and  beliefs , I support and respect all CC members ( especially CC members ) no matter what they believe . I encourage variety . It is healthy and shows strength for a group to represent all . Don't be sceered .
      Do you remember a couple members that flew off the handle and called me Hitler ? They hit and ran . Too bad they didn't stick around to see that I laughed it off and they were mistaken in their assumptions .
      There have been a couple others that called me out . We talked it out , worked it out and they are still here .
      I jumped all over another member that I thought had called me out . He stepped up and explained himself we apologized to each other and he is still here too .
      Recently in a tournament there was an entrant that unknowingly entered with an unfair advantage . He immediately stepped up and acknowledged his mistake and offered to make it right . That was awesome .
      That is another main reason I am so proud of this CC . Because we are mature and rational and professional . And can handle serious issues and get right back on track .

• FROM A CHECK IN AND EMAIL POST Robmur41

robmurphy4

466 Posts
    06-22-2015 2:58 PM

Paul,
     I'm not so sure I fall under the rational umbrella. LOL

Rob

good point , and then there's Rob too . another reason to make me proud .

• FROM A CHECK IN AND EMAIL POST Chris126

Chris1973M

622 Posts
    06-22-2015 9:12 PM

I truely believe most never look at this cc forum...and know first hand if I dont check in everyday or two, I can fall behind on important info about the cc trny's and such...not to mention the great laughs with all the comments...im like Jim...sometimes the garden needs a weedin...hopefully they will come around but if they aint by now..who knows.. Thanks Paul! Keep on keeping on!
                                                         Chris1973

pdb1

4,709 Posts
    06-22-2015 9:56 PM

Chris1973M:
    I truely believe most never look at this cc forum

Well I guess it would be time to learn to .

Chris1973M:
    I can fall behind on important info about the cc trny's and such...not to mention the great laughs with all the comments

Well said 

pdb1

4,709 Posts
    06-22-2015 10:58 PM

I DON'T THINK MANY WILL MISS IT NOW . 
      IF YOU HAVN'T READ THIS THREAD AND MADE A POST . I HAVE ASKED EVERYONE TO DO SO . THERE HAVE BEEN 20 SO FAR . IN 100 HOURS AND 37 MEMBERS LEFT TO RESPOND . NO HURRY AND NO PRESSURE . PLEASE JUST RESPOND .

• FROM A CHECK IN AND EMAIL POST Rooter12

rooter69

46 Posts
    06-23-2015 1:37 AM

Hi Paul,
    Just a thought, and maybe we all do this. I was a member at another club (and was removed for going on vacation and not reporting in) We all have friends other then cc members, so we would have a recruiting competition. It has to be qualified people we know. And maybe get a free token of appreciation. I'm sure that Paul might agree, that would solve a lot of headaches.
    As far as not participating in different things, I find it's easier not to if you don't understand something then to look stupid asking a question.
    Try going on a chat room for lama's, and look intelligent. 
    Barry

pdb1

4,709 Posts
    06-23-2015 2:23 AM

rooter69:
    I was a member at another club (and was removed for going on vacation and not reporting in)

Well Barry . I will explain . First you might not have read in some of my other threads . That In fact there are , were and will be members on various leaves of absence medical , professional , personal , etc . Some gone for months . All of them gave me a heads up ( because I have announced it many times to just give me a heads up )and asked if they could return to the CC when they are able to . I just said no need . Just stay on and you will still be  a member when you return . Thank you for the heads up . 
      They are usually the ones that show no WGT activity for some time . If I notice no WGTactivity from someone i didn't hear from . I try a couple times . Then leave it alone . I won't remove members with no activity .
      I learned not to do that last year .
      There was a guy  very little activity .no response surprising because i had thought he was cool and liked the CC . So I removed him . I soon got a message from him asking me wtf ? Turns out he had had a series of catastrophe's ( deaths ) wife , Man I felt real bad . Apologized up one side and down the other . Everything is all good and he is still here .
      But I will not do that again .
      Anyway Barry . I am not worried about members with no WGT or CC activity . What I am concerned about is the ones that seem to have come here to hitch hike on our well made tournaments . That are made by other members to provide an xlnt way to be at the top of their game . The ones I am talking about don't even seem to appreciate that . 
      Because of the fact that I am not good with a silent CC . And these guys respond to nothing period . So there are ways to give back . Like the few little things I ask .

rooter69:
    As far as not participating in different things, I find it's easier not to if you don't understand something then to look stupid asking a question

Not here Barry . We do stupid here . We are all on the same team and aren't judging . Unless one is silent and we don't know wtf . Then the judging begins .

rooter69:
    Try going on a chat room for lama's, and look intelligent. 

I am not and no one else here is into chat rooms . None of us would be caught dead in one . With the exception of the chat in the site which is only used for tournament play and is a very important part of that we could not do without . 
     But that s not even an issue . When I am asking someone to post or reply or comment once in a while . That is only to be apart of the forum that provides us with daily info . It is not for socializing . This is not a social network and please don't confuse the two . And to show a little gratitude for all that several us that work at to try and make a GR8 experience . that is all I am asking . Period . I think it is so simple .

• FROM A CHECK IN AND EMAIL POST Rooter12

rooter69

46 Posts
    06-23-2015 3:39 AM

Sorry Paul,
    I don't tend to explain myself very well online. I didn't at all mean anything negative about the club at all.
    What I was trying to say is how generous your polices are for absenteeism. At the other club, I didn't report in that I was on vacation for a week, and when I returned, I was removed with no notice.
    And the Lama thing was my poor attempt at humor. Sometimes it's a bit intimating to enter into something new when there are lots of knowledgeable veterans. 

Barry

pdb1

4,709 Posts
    06-23-2015 3:52 AM

You know what Barry I caught that too when I read it . And my answer was just  meant to inform more uninformed about the current state . All good Barry .no worries .
      Paul

• FROM A CHECK IN AND EMAIL POST Buddha15

Buddha248

36 Posts
    06-23-2015 4:23 AM

OK I read this. Am I wrong in thinking the only way to get here is from my profile?

tyvm Dave . no that is the common way. I enter from the email messages . Open them and click on the link .

• FROM A CHECK IN AND EMAIL POST Buddha15

Buddha248

36 Posts
    06-23-2015 5:12 AM

How do you get this preference page?

tyvm
    sent you a PM

Last edited by Paul on Mon 28 Sep 2020, 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

Paul

Please enjoy

home of

Paul
Paul
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Sat 05 Sep 2015, 5:15 pm

• FROM A CHECK IN AND EMAIL POST Pdb1d28
    pdb1

4,709 Posts
    06-23-2015 8:15 AM

Buddha248:

How do you get this preference page?

Not sure which preference page you  mean .

• FROM A CHECK IN AND EMAIL POST Ctruss10

CTrusso

7 Posts
    06-23-2015 6:36 PM

The only notification emails I get from WGT is someone has sent me a message, play new tournaments.  I never get notifications regarding the club

tyvm

pdb1

4,709 Posts
    06-23-2015 7:21 PM

Me neither . I don't think any of us do . But I have seen  them mentioned in the main forum . I asked member services and they responded with 
    ##- Please type your reply above this line -##
    To pdb1

Support (WGT)
    May 25, 23:16
    Thank you for contacting WGT Member Services,
    This bug is a high priority issue. We hope to have a resolution for it soon.
    Thank you for playing World Golf Tour.

Regards,
    WGT Member Services
       please check your emails I just sent you some from the website .

pdb1

4,709 Posts
    06-23-2015 7:59 PM

pdb1:

psdenton:

Whoever has the magic star would like to challenge on The Ocean Course when you have time to play.  Enjoy your day to all

tyvm

Magic Star
      just find him , friend him ( if you are not already ) and invite him .

You are much more likely to find the info you are looking for in the forum with the same or similar topic . Tends to clutter the main topic here if something off the wall is posted . BTW Mr. Denton did you intend to answer the question in the original topic ? That would be on page 1. 

pdb1

4,709 Posts
    06-23-2015 8:00 PM

Seriously . I have asked that everyone respond to this topic on page 1 . Can you please do that if you have not already ? 
      Thank you

reply count 22 only 44 to go .

• FROM A CHECK IN AND EMAIL POST Buddha16

Buddha248

36 Posts
    06-24-2015 3:58 AM

ok i got it

tyvm

• FROM A CHECK IN AND EMAIL POST Chris127

Chris1973M

622 Posts
    06-24-2015 8:13 AM

i do receive the emails...but usually wait till i come to wgt and go to forum from there.
              Chris1973

tyvm

pdb1

4,709 Posts
    06-27-2015 4:33 AM

There have been several periods of time Since I started this CC . Where I had decided to make more effort to connect and communicate with all the members . Try to get a response from each one . I always know it won't happen overnight or even a week or a month . The biggest time was when I waited and tried to get something from them for 6 weeks of asking them to reply . That bunch didn't even play CC tourneys . They never responded at all or played . So I removed 54 that time . 

Another time was several months later at the end of 2014 . I had never stopped trying to connect with them . Still only got about half the CC to respond . And most of them just emailed me with Hey Paul . We good ? 

In this first week that this request to respond has been up . 23 of you have responded here . There are a few that have emailed me only and still never have posted here in this thread or any where else in this forum along with 28 other members that I never even get an email from much less a forum response . 

I am not going to list and prove all of the many things that occur here every week that everyone needs to know . It has already been proven .

When everyone joins I ask to please keep current in the forum . It is posted on the forum home page and in the Game client homepage . You can't miss it . You can't know about things that you need to know if you don't at least come here for a couple minutes and read about them . And if you do come and read about stuff and never post a boo . Isn't it the same as never coming here ? Yes I believe it is . 

Yesterday in the website . A guy says . I log into the chat every time I come here . I told him not to bother . That usage is slim to none and people have other reasons to come here other than chat . Then I scanned the archives of the chat and saw quite a few of us talking to ourselves there lol for a few lines and someone else and so on . But the guy I was talking to had never made an entry ( we weren't in the chat ) . So I said if you are going to log in all the time why don't you just say Hi or something . For one thing it would validate that you had been there and no questions asked . Another is the more activity people see there the more incentive there is to use it .

The website has  nothing to do with this forums importance . But you can see my point . If I havn't ever seen you post here . But you say you come here all the time like that guy the other day ASZDF??? whatever . And I have never seen him here . Have you ? He did email me thanx for a couple trophy's in over a year . That's his proof that he participates all the time . I think there are 28 more that must think that way too . I hope you guys are smarter than that . Because I am . For sure .

I will wait and continue to make my plea to make a post in this forum . For much longer . a couple few more weeks . OK ? Even if you consider what I am asking as trying to convert you into something . Is the 5 or 10 minutes per month that I am asking really so bad that you will never give in ? Because in the end if you just plain old won't be more of a visible part of this CC . With all of the other communication glitches I have to deal with here in WGT . Communication is the key . If you just won't communicate at all then this  for you has all been for nothing .
      fk it 

• FROM A CHECK IN AND EMAIL POST Arnief26

ArnieFinlay

118 Posts
    06-27-2015 6:44 AM

I think I get everything unless someone walls me then I have to look at my profile 

pdb1

4,709 Posts
    06-27-2015 6:52 AM

Ok . Thank you Arnie .

• FROM A CHECK IN AND EMAIL POST Psdent11

psdenton

32 Posts
    06-27-2015 6:59 AM

I get all the messages and sometimes get them twice

pdb1