Valley of the Sun Casual Club
Welcome to VOTSCC . Please enjoy the many features . You may login at anytime to be part of our community .
Valley of the Sun Casual Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Statistics
We have 475 registered users
The newest registered user is Menupanda

Our users have posted a total of 45109 messages in 6634 subjects
71 WGT TUTORIALS & 32 YOUNG46 TUTORIALS
CLICK HERE TO SEE OVER 100 YOUTUBE VIDEO TUTORIALS . FROM WGTers , WGT & YOUNG46
FORUM UPDATE
TO THE MANY WELCOME GUESTS . THIS FORUM IS NO LONGER A COUNTRY CLUB WEBSITE FOR A WGT COUNTRY CLUB . PLEASE FEEL FREE TO READ THE FORUMS.
THERE ARE MANY TOPICS OF INTEREST . OR NOT . THIS WEBSITE IS AN INFORMATION AND ENTERTAINMENT WEBSITE ONLY .
MUCH OF THE CONTENT IS ARCHIVES OF PURPOSES PAST .
THERE ARE SOME MORE CURRENT TOPICS .
REGISTRATION IS NOT NECESSARY TO READ THROUGHOUT .
REGISTRATION IS EASY AND FREE . THIS IS AN AD FREE WEBSITE . NOTHING IS EVER REQUESTED FROM REGISTERED MEMBERS .
REGISTRATION ENABLES COMMENTING ON TOPICS . POSTING NEW TOPICS . FULL ACCESS TO THE WEBSITE IMAGE HOST . WHICH IS A VERY COMPLETE AND CONVENIENT TOOL .
PLEASE ENJOY .

Bilko’s Putting Calc
Here is a link to Bilko's Putting Calc and Wind Calc
Just download and install
TIER & AVERAGE REQUIREMENTS
BASIC LEVEL AND AVERAGE REQUIREMENTS , AND SATURATION

WHILE YOUR HERE
WHILE YOUR HERE :
CHECK OUT THE INCREDIBLE PHOTOGRAPHY IN
MY SERIES

THIS USED TO BE THE HOME OF OUR WORLD CLOCK . WHICH CAN NOW BE FOUND IN ITS OWN FORUM ON THE MAIN PAGE ..
THERE ARE MORE WORLD CLOCKS INSIDE HERE .

WORLD CLOCK

FB Like

FROM THE POST " TO PASS OR NOT TO PASS "

Go down

FROM THE POST " TO PASS OR NOT TO PASS " Empty FROM THE POST " TO PASS OR NOT TO PASS "

Post by Paul Sat 05 Sep 2015, 5:22 pm

• FROM THE POST " TO PASS OR NOT TO PASS " Pdb1d27

pdb1

4,709 Posts
    07-06-2015 11:11 AM

FROM THE THREAD OF THE SAME NAME .TO PASS OR NOT TO PASS ?

pdb1
      3,300 Posts
      07-06-2015 8:11 AM

That is still the most asked question in my CC.
        When is the optimum time ? How can I assure most XP's are going to the CC ?
        Why can I be playing a round without a pass and still receive max XP's at the end of the round ?
        Why does it sometimes give me only a few points at 8:00 PM and sometimes give me alot ?
        Is there really a rhyme and reason to all this ?
        These questions and more continue to plague me . I have relayed all the info I can . Everyone knows the clock restarts at 12 hours when a pass is used . But never seems to give optimum points . 
        There are many that are trying to pay attention to some sort of consistent pattern and don't seem to be able to get a handle on one . 
        Is there an easier way to describe a protocol to E1 ?

• FROM THE POST " TO PASS OR NOT TO PASS " Yankee13

YankeeJim
      17,675 Posts
      07-06-2015 8:32 AM

Tell them to use the pass when they play IF the CDP arrow is red. That way the finished round gets them the daily bonus.
      FROM THE POST " TO PASS OR NOT TO PASS " 456

• FROM THE POST " TO PASS OR NOT TO PASS " Twinpo11

twinponds169
      84 Posts
      07-06-2015 8:37 AM

I average right around 1900 cc points a day with the two free passes that are given each day. The two key factors are playing a game every day if possible and making sure you are using a pass on your "official first game of the day". That first game does not mean you got up, poured some coffee and teed off. It goes by the clock near the top right of the game client screen.. Now my "first game of the day is the one I play after 8 PM my time, so I may have already played a few games, but not my first game of the day.
      The "first game of the day" is when you get rewarded the BIG XP points for consecutive days played. It maxes out at 880 additional bonus points which I believe takes just 8 consecutive days played to reach and then maintain. If you play an 18 hole round you will end up with about 1400 points for that pass. Since you get a pass every 12 hours, you have an additional opportunity, playing another 18 hole round gets about 500 more points.
      The clock I mentioned is a countdown clock to that official first game of the day., mine is at 8PM. If I happen to have joined a skins game or matchplay or any game for that manner before my 8PM time and I am still in that game right at 8PM, then WGT takes it as my first game of the day, so if you did not start it with the pass you will miss out on the 880 for the club.
      It is best to play an 18 hole tournament round for most points. When Best of Par 5's is in that form it gives you a few more as well. Sometimes due to my schedule I kind of flub up my pass being available when my "first game played" time begins, so if I want to play right then and don't want to wait for my pass then I just buy one. I've only played this game for 8 months and I have probably bought maybe 2 dozen passes over that time. we are only talking about 37 cents here, lol. In just those 8 months I am closing in on 400,000 points for the club so this works out fairly well.
      I am sure I am missing a few other points here, perhaps others will chip in some info, but i hope this helps you.
      Happy Hitting
      TP

• FROM THE POST " TO PASS OR NOT TO PASS " Alosso16

alosso
      11,885 Posts
      07-06-2015 8:55 AM

YankeeJim:

Tell them to use the pass when they play IF the CDP arrow is red. That way the finished round gets them the daily bonus.

This, and have a look at the clock on the right. It will tell your people when to expect the next CDP bonus and the maximum XPs available. It is fixed to UTC, or GMT time, ignoring daylight saving time. We must finish a game within one GMT day for the CDP. The local daytime varies, e.g. 8 pm EDT in New York.
      Other item, CC pass. Each CC member should get a free pass 12 hours after he has put the last pass in his possession into use, clicking on the "Use pass" button at the start of a game.

Simple procedure, following YJ: Spare a CC pass, don't use it prematurely. Wait until the arrow is read. Start any solo game fitting to the personal schedule, use the pass, finish the game(!!), get approx. 1,000 XPs for yourself and for the CC.
      Advanced procedure, using the characteristics of these items:
      Start a solo game using a free pass available, hold the game until 12:01 am GMT, finish the game, maybe only the last putts. Same amount of personal and CC XPs, but the CC pass's clock has started when you started the game and you get the next pass earlier.

• FROM THE POST " TO PASS OR NOT TO PASS " Yankee13

YankeeJim
      17,675 Posts
      07-06-2015 9:01 AM

I think the OP's problem is not ever going to be solved by trying to get anybody to understand what's been laid out here. You need to make it really simple to get those points and just going by the color of that arrow is as simple as it gets. Red arrow-use the pass.
      @pdb-You can use your CC message board in the game client. Just put in capital letters something like IF YOUR ARROW IS RED, USE YOUR PASS!

alosso
      11,885 Posts
      07-06-2015 9:06 AM

Sorry TP, didn't see your post before finishing mine.

twinponds169:
       I average right around 1900 cc points a day with the two free passes that are given each day.

I'm curious, how do you manage to do it? Apparently you are on the East Coast, EDT zone, giving priority to 8 pm and 8 am during Summer. Which are your typical times to use the passes?
      And, how long can you maintain the "2 passes" days - you'll certainly lose some minutes or seconds, don't you?

For me in Europe, it's easy. CDP resets after midnight, while I sleep. Thus, the first game of my day is my CDP game. Usually, I play one hole at BDU with my first cup of coffee, easy to get to it and minimum ball use. I don't usually play the second pass because it would spoil my morning routine.

FROM THE POST " TO PASS OR NOT TO PASS " Twinpo11

• twinponds169
      84 Posts
      07-06-2015 10:10 AM

Hi Al, yes, I am in New York State so 8PM it is. Was 7PM but the time change did affect it. Now that summer is here, the combination of work and real golf make it harder for me personally to use both passes every day, so the loss of a few minutes/secs here and there has been inconsequential.
      However, you are correct, you do lose a bit here and there. Maybe I am late from work one night and don't play my CDP until 9PM, now my next pass is at 9AM, and so forth. I will play along with whatever the timing of my passes ends up being, until schedule circumstances make it difficult, that is where buying the occasional CC Pass comes into play, allowing me to reset good timing for a while.
      One really stupid but unknown at the time, mistake I made, was buying a bundle of 5 of them CC Passes, to save a few credits and have them when I need them. Little did I know that you do not get any free passes as long as there are passes not used yet, including purchased ones. Also, zoning out and not paying attention occasionally leads to clicking yes on the ridiculous CC Pass window that starts every game, that can screw up pass timing as well, lol, and cost you to boot.
      In the winter it's usually 8PM with a bourbon and 8AM with the coffee. In the summer now, like you, I rarely use the second pass, the AM one, because I like the routine of the PM and CDP one to kind of stay on schedule.
      Happy Hitting
      TP

alosso
      11,885 Posts
      07-06-2015 10:27 AM

Thanks for the insight! Most of all I like the 8 pm Bourbon part Wink

twinponds169:
      I will play along with whatever the timing of my passes ends up being, until schedule circumstances make it difficult, that is where buying the occasional CC Pass comes into play, allowing me to reset good timing for a while.

OIC, you shorten one waiting period, exchanging a free pass with a buy...
      At that point, I'd just leave it out and sacrifice the XPs - BUY NO PASS is premium to me!

• FROM THE POST " TO PASS OR NOT TO PASS " Twinpo11

twinponds169
      84 Posts
      07-06-2015 10:36 AM

After I got suckered by WGT buying the bundle, Al, I totally agree and try to avoid buying one at all cost, lol.

pdb1
      3,300 Posts
      07-06-2015 11:10 AM

Thank you all these are all very helpful and will post the entire thread .

pdb1

4,709 Posts
    07-06-2015 11:44 AM

Why can I be playing a round without a pass and still receive max XP's at the end of the round ?

twinponds169:

you will always get them but the club will not get the matching points without the pass. Once your club has the "Pals", it really does not matter, future benefits are weak at best, Club points are just for bragging rights I guess.

• FROM THE POST " TO PASS OR NOT TO PASS " Sage0114

Sage013

105 Posts
    07-06-2015 1:47 PM

twinponds169:

you will always get them but the club will not get the matching points without the pass. Once your club has the "Pals", it really does not matter, future benefits are weak at best, Club points are just for bragging rights I guess.

I think that sums it up in a nut shell. Smile
    I only playing in the evening so I use 1 pass a day and I use it on a daily consecutive days played bonus round.
    I always play a single play game e.g. a cc tournament for this, as using it on any form of multi-player game risks the chance of someone disconnecting and you lose the cc bonus from the pass.
    If I don;t have the time to play a full round I'll still try to play a single hole with the pass just to keep my daily xp bonus at max.
    But as twinponds169 said I don't see it as vital to get a pass used due to the current level od this cc.
    Just my 2 cents worth. Smile

• FROM THE POST " TO PASS OR NOT TO PASS " Arnief24

ArnieFinlay

118 Posts
    07-06-2015 3:18 PM

Well my strategy is to aim for as many consecutive days as possible 
    Starting with the Blitz and I always use a club pass this is from about 8pm I guess 
    If  I'm above the threshold this will bag 918 points for the club (so even if I have a *** round like losing 3 balls in the best of water blitz Wink) I have earnt 918 points for the club
    If I have time usually about every alternate day I will then play another 9 or even 18 hole round prefarably in a club tournament and will buy a pass for the club (hey its only 37 cents and for the priveleges you get free meters great company etc. Than can add up to another 300 to 500 points. 
    It is not worth using a pass on the second or third CCH or blitz you only get 12 points but it is worth using it for 9 or 18 hole tourneys 
    Obviously I can't play every day but my best run was 100 days anyway having been a member of this club for about 8 months or so and having reached 300,000 points even if most days I just do a blitz then the strategy seems to work. 
    Although Clucksuperd has an unassailable postion 
    But just think guys and gals 1 bilitz per day 918 points a day provide you make that the first game of the day and use the free club pass 100,000 points for the club every 3 months or so 2 1/2 years you will be on a million points 
    All the best Arnie 
    May I always be with the sun 

pdb1

4,709 Posts
    07-06-2015 8:27 PM

Sage013:
    If I don;t have the time to play a full round I'll still try to play a single hole with the pass just to keep my daily xp bonus at max.

Sage013:
    Just my 2 cents worth. Smile

Whatever works for each individual .

pdb1

4,709 Posts
    07-06-2015 8:38 PM

pdb1:
    Whatever works for each individual .

We are just now getting answers to some of these specifics . Whatever works for each individual . One still may have to put  a little thought into it . That would be part of being a contributing member of the CC . Again only one part of many things that can be done to make this whole thing work well .
      Thank you all I see a lot of new found efforts and contributions throughout . It seems that some of you are starting to get it and responding more and more . For some of you still not so much . At least not so anyone would notice in the way of CC tourney participation , XP's contributed to CC , acknowledgement of existence by way of a forum response consisting of an ugh or a boo or even a fk you . ( lol yes this is a go ahead for some of you to tell me fk you for the 13th time ) . But honestly for the first time would be music to my ears .

• FROM THE POST " TO PASS OR NOT TO PASS " Skip3820

Skip380

53 Posts
    07-06-2015 8:44 PM

ok if you say so....fk you lol

pdb1

4,709 Posts
    07-06-2015 9:29 PM

Skip380:

Oh thank you my good man . Like I said " music to my ears ".
      You hoo scooby doo Skippy speaks . Who knew ?

pdb1

4,709 Posts
    07-06-2015 9:32 PM

pdb1:

One does not have to be part of our daily BLITZ to play a single player BLITZ round for a quick 9 holes and 918 CC XP's per day . 
      Other's have suggested practice rounds . That is another way . I know that there are many like myself that avoid practice rounds like the plague . So the point is . That with a little thought there are several easy ways to utilize these points better to benefit yourself and the CC .

pdb1

4,709 Posts
    07-08-2015 3:44 AM

pdb1:

Skip380:

Oh thank you my good man . Like I said " music to my ears ".
      You hoo scooby doo Skippy speaks . Who knew ?

Most of you can ignore this because you  have responded . But I can tell you that there are 16 of you that I am very uncertain about . There is no question that if you have been reading my forum postings at all then you are very clear who you are . 
      If however you have not seen any recent ( for the last month to start , and since day 1  I began the CC ) or past posts about the couple very small things I am asking . Then it was nice knowing you and May the SUN always be with you .
      Paul
      PDB1
      VOTSCC

pdb1

4,709 Posts
    07-08-2015 4:33 AM

FROM THE POST " TO PASS OR NOT TO PASS " 8waTcyL

Ok . So before the pass is active . During the " 12 hour recharge " . There will be a green check mark .
     Once the pass is active and begging for you to use it wisely . There will be a red exclamation point .

• FROM THE POST " TO PASS OR NOT TO PASS " Jimq9178

JimQ916

956 Posts
    07-08-2015 9:11 AM

Still alittle confused here but what I do is wait until 8:01 PM to use my pass and get the maximum points for me...usually play a CC Tournament (18 holes) so I get around 1,400 or so each night....works for me....Jim

Paul

Please enjoy

May the SUN always be with you

home of

https://www.valleyofthesuncc.com/ an information and entertainment only website
Paul
Paul
Admin
Admin

https://www.valleyofthesuncc.com

Back to top Go down